22 August 2010

baby gender reveal

I wanted to do something fun to tell my family the gender of the baby. Everyone is excited because this is the first grandchild in my family. J and I were also VERY excited to find out.

So....last year at my friend Marisa's baby shower, another friend of ours made some delicious cupcakes. She said that it was a tradition to hide a little toy inside one of the cupcakes. She hid a small plastic baby in one of them. Later that night after the party was over, we joked about whoever found the baby would have the next baby. No one found the baby that night. A bunch of girls (including myself) took extra cupcakes home. A week later, I went to eat the last cupcake (for breakfast) and found the little baby inside. I laughed to myself and decided to keep it for good luck. I put it on display in our kitchen and may have even told Jared he had to rub it for good luck every once in awhile.

When we found out we were pregnant, I attributed part of the miracle to that plastic baby. I decided to use the baby and bake it into cupcakes for my family. We all got together for a family bbq to celebrate my sister Maren's 30th birthday and to reveal the baby's gender. Happy Belated Birthday Auntie Maren!!!







Mom ended up having the baby in her cupcake. We ALL decided she will NOT have the next baby! hahahaha....
She is thrilled to be having a GRANDSON!!!

2 comments:

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Congrats on the baby boy on the way!!!

LLO'Donnell said...

I have the baby on my dresser...I promise NOT to let Tom rub it!! :-D
I think I will save it for your son & his wife, and one day she can put it in a cupcake...